Technologies and Skills
- .NET: WinForms, MVC, WebForms, WPF, WCF, web services
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
- Platforms: All Microsoft Windows platforms, familiar with Mac and Linux/Unix.
- Supported wholesale furniture warehouse by developing original, and adapting legacy, line-of-business apps in Visual C# consuming data from Excel and QuickBooks:
- Application to update company website and participating e-commerce sites with regular inventory status.
- Application to calculate and generate reports for sales commissions.
- Other short-term and narrow needs applications as needed.
- Ported programs from Visual Basic and VBScript to C#.
- Began design of WPF dashboard application for above processes.
- Provided IT services as needed.
- Participated in Microsoft .NET developer/user groups and activities such as CodeCamp. Kept up with technology advancements such as ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework through seminars hosted by Microsoft, online seminars, Microsoft BizSpark, and tutorials from Envato (Tuts++) and others.
- Performed proof-of-concept and integration of the ZNode Storefront E-Commerce framework to the company’s web applications which required updating and addition of database tables, user interface changes, style sheet changes, and code changes including additional classes to extend the content management capabilities of Storefront. Worked under Agile (Scrum) process. C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2005.
- Integrated an invoicing system to a turnkey marketing web application. Added online payment options to e-commerce modules which required updating and addition of database tables through an ORM, user interface changes, style sheet changes, and code changes. Performed maintenance and debugging on the application in preparation for public launch. Some integration of QuickBooks with the invoicing system. C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2005, QuickBooks API, Kentico CMS.
- Designed and implemented a .NET WinForms smart-client merchant check capture and imaging application, including interfaces with scanner hardware (Canon, Unisys, TellerScan), with web services on the backend working with Oracle database. C#, XML Web Services, GDI+, electronic cash letter, some ASP.NET.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained communications gateways and associated protocols connecting company’s Online Banking system to outside vendors’ core banking systems for our customers (community banks). TCP/IP, Web Services, Message Queues.
- Worked closely with business analysts, database developers, and core banking vendors to design adapters for the online banking system with maximum possible coverage.
- Helped maintain Netzee’s ASP (VBScript) code.
- Ported legacy VB6 code to C# as needs arose.
- Designed SOAP and XML interfaces with core banking and check imaging systems.